About UEG!

The Mission of University Endoscopy Group is to provide excellent gastrointestinal care in a timely fashion. Personalized, efficient and comprehensive care is provided for a wide array of gastrointestinal and liver diseases, by employing the newest medical technology and the highest clinical standards.

University Endoscopy Group

Bayside Endoscopy Center

Administrator: Kathy Abiri, RN, MS, CASC
Clinical Director: Kerri Alfieri, RN BSN

East Bay Endoscopy Center

Administrator: Kathy Abiri, RN, MS, CASC
Clinical Director: Sherri Tager, RN

East Greenwich Endoscopy Center

Administrator: Jane Carr, RN
Clinical Director: Stacy Tabele, RN, BSN

Ocean State Endoscopy Center

Administrator: Tina Woods, RN
Clinical Director: Michael Jollie, RN

Business Office

Business Office Manager: Loriann Caldwell
Beginning on 11/6/17

Rhode Island Central Billing Office

1637 Mineral Springs Avenue | Suite 203
North Providence, Rhode Island 02904

Ph: 401.383.0530  |  Fax: 401.383.7807

Schedule an appointment!

Policies | Gastroenterology Doctors & Specialist | Stomach Doctor - RI


Introduction to New Health Insurance Policies

Due to the rising cost of health insurance, health plans are currently offering many new policies to make health insurance rates more affordable for employers and employees.

These insurance policies require patients to contribute more to the cost of their care through higher co-payments and larger annual deductible amounts before insurance coverage takes over. These fees are independent of your health insurance premiums.

Cost Sharing Arrangements

Co-Payment is a specific amount a patient pays for a special service, such as $50 for an emergency room visit. The member is usually responsible for payment at the time services are rendered.

Co-Insurance is usually a percentage of health care expenses for which the patient has a financial responsibility. For example, your health insurance plan may cover 80 percent of the cost of health care services and require you to pay the remaining 20 percent. Deductibles are annual expenses a patient pays before a health plan begins to reimburse providers. For example, each year you may be responsible for paying the first $1,000 of your health care expense provided to you or a family member before your health plan coverage begins.

Non-Covered Services are health care services that are not included under the terms of a patient's health insurance policy, but are determined to be medically necessary and are the financial responsibility of the patient.

When should I be prepared to Pay?

It is your responsibility to know if your insurance requires referrals, co-pays, has deductibles or co-insurance cost. Co-Payments are expected at time of service. These amounts should be clearly visible on your health insurance card. Deductibles and Co-Insurance amounts, when advised, will also be collected at time of service. We at UEG accept the following payment methods:

  • cash
  • checks
  • money orders
  • Visa/MasterCard.
If you need assistance paying your bill, we will provide you with a person to contact to help make payment arrangements.

Why may I receive a bill from more than one source?

When a physician performs a procedure, there are separate and independent provider costs for that procedure. These may include:

  • The Physician Fee
  • The Facility Fee
  • The Pathology Fee

Whom to contact if I have a question regarding my insurance?

If you wish to contact your insurance carrier directly, please refer to the telephone number on the back of your health insurance card.

University Endoscopy Group will help you in any way that we can in providing you with the information. Please feel free to contact our Insurance Verification Department at 401.421.8800 with any questions.